[Gluster-users] [EXT] Renaming a brick.

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 16:30:55 UTC 2022

Next time, when you updatebetween major versions - always check the <Major Version>.0 release notes for migration requirements and/or supported versions.
Some functionality is deprecated/changed and that could have caused the problem.

Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 6:42, TomK<tomkcpr at mdevsys.com> wrote:    Thank you all for this.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to try this.  In my attempt to change the brick name, I noticed I'm on Gluster 3.13  (Not a typo) .  So I proceeded to update to 6.10 then from there, to 9.4.  To 6.10 it went fine however from 6.10 to 9.4 everything blew up.  I got a torrent of error messages.  Struggled on it for several hours but no luck.

  So I ended up blowing up the cluster after copying the data out to a single drive, then copying it back to the Gluster 9.4 cluster once the cluster was ready.  Would have loved to debug to see what to do about each error but I simply ran out of time and needed to get the cluster back up quickly. ( Still have most of the logs if interested but without some context, it would be somewhat meaningless. )

  Nontheless, I'll keep the notes below.  I have a few more Gluster clusters to work on.

  Cheers