[Gluster-users] need input on configuration

Robert Sander r.sander at heinlein-support.de
Thu Aug 25 07:16:56 UTC 2022

Am 24.08.22 um 20:21 schrieb Karl Kleinpaste:

> The laptops are a stickier problem especially in being often
> disconnected.  A straightforward-but-dumb solution is to define a 1-node
> volume on a laptop, just to get it involved in the mechanism, and then
> again geo-rep to the mains...and possibly geo-rep the mains back to the
> laptop as well.

I would recommend to implement storage only in the main office and then
run a file sync service (like syncthing, seafile or nextcloud) out of there.

All laptops and desktops then sync their data to this file service.
$HOME would be a local directory with only local data.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Consulting GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 220009 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,