[Gluster-users] Usage not updating in quotas

Amar Tumballi amar at kadalu.io
Thu Apr 28 08:01:00 UTC 2022

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 11:14 AM Diego Zuccato <diego.zuccato at unibo.it>
wrote:

> Hello Amar.
>
> Maybe I missed something, but does that mean that if I upgrade from 9.5
> to 10 I lose the quota? Seems too strange to be true...

Sorry if my message confused anyone.   I was talking about a new (and
improved IMHO) quota feature called simple-quota (more on this @
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/1774), which made it into
development branch now.

No impact on anyone using Quota with the current version. The current quota
implementation would not be impacted even after one moving to v11. This
feature is completely external to existing quota, and would need to be
implemented on a new volume when started.

Regards,
Amar

> Tks,
>   Diego
>
> Il 28/04/2022 07:12, Amar Tumballi ha scritto:
> > Hi Alan, Strahil,
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 3:50 AM Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
> > <mailto:hunter86_bg at yahoo.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     @Amar,
> >
> >     did the quota feature reach Gluster v10 ?
> >

> > It got merged in the development branch (ie, confirmed on v11). As per
> > our release policy, it wouldn't make it to v10 as its a feature. Anyone
> > wanting to test it, experiment with it should build from nightly or
> > development branch for now.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Amar
> >
> >         On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 12:09, Alan Orth
> >         <alan.orth at gmail.com <mailto:alan.orth at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >

> > ________
> >

> > Community Meeting Calendar:
> >
> > Schedule -
> > Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTC
> > Bridge: https://meet.google.com/cpu-eiue-hvk
> > Gluster-users mailing list
> > Gluster-users at gluster.org
>
> --
> Diego Zuccato
> DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia
> Servizi Informatici
> Alma Mater Studiorum - Università di Bologna
> V.le Berti-Pichat 6/2 - 40127 Bologna - Italy
> tel.: +39 051 20 95786

https://kadalu.io
Container Storage made easy!