[Gluster-users] Conflict resolution

David Cunningham dcunningham at voisonics.com
Wed Oct 20 00:52:09 UTC 2021

Hello,

I've a few questions about conflict resolution in a net-split scenario:

1. What are the default values for cluster.server-quorum-type and
cluster.server-quorum-ratio? (at the moment "gluster volume info gvol0"
does not report either)

2. If there are 3 mirrored nodes and cluster.server-quorum-ratio is 50, and
node1 and node2 are net-split from node3, then am I right in thinking that
the volume on node3 will automatically shut down and prevent access thus
preventing a conflict?

3. If there are 2 mirrored nodes and a net-split happens and
cluster.server-quorum-ratio is 50 then:
a) If existing file A is changed on node1 and node2 then the file will
enter net-split state, right?
b) If existing file B is changed on node1 but not node2 then will the file
enter a net-split state?
c) If new file C is written on node1 but not node2 then will the file enter
a net-split state?

4. Is the outcome of conflict resolution at a file level the same whether
node3 is a full replica or just an arbiter?

Thank you very much for any advice,

--
David Cunningham, Voisonics Limited
http://voisonics.com/