[Gluster-users] Re-Add Distributed Volume Volume

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Wed Nov 17 08:03:27 UTC 2021

Hi.

If you can still move files from the broken *volume*, you don't have to
touch .glusterfs folder: it's managed by gluster itself and that's the
preferred way to recover (more like a transfer between two volumes that
only accidentally share the filesystem on the bricks).

But if the vol was really broken (wouldn't start at all), the only way
to recover would be to read the files *from the bricks*.

Those are quite different scenarios that require different recovery
methods. Recovering from the briks is slightly more complicated, since
you have to manually handle duplicate files, checking if they're
actually identical or if there are differences.

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia