[Gluster-users] Re-Add Distributed Volume Volume

Taste-Of-IT kontakt at taste-of-it.de
Sun Nov 14 13:28:55 UTC 2021

Hi,

and thanks for your help, but i think you do not understand the situation right. The volume is dead, i couldnt reuse it. I reinstalled the os and added the storage with the old volume. So there is acutally no vol1 which i can use in glusterfs. All i have is the old data struction with .glusterfs files and so on. I now want to migrate all files from vol1 to new created and working vol2. But if i move the files direct from directory on each node to mounted new vol2, the disk size remains the same - disk space isnt freed up.

What can i do? getfattr shows nothing. If i move one folder and look into the .glusterfs, the folder seems to be removed, but df -h shows same free disk space and so i run into trouble.

Thx
Taste