[Gluster-users] qemu raw image file - qemu and grub2 can't find boot content from VM

Erik Jacobson erik.jacobson at hpe.com
Wed Jan 27 14:19:50 UTC 2021

> Are you sure that there is no heals pending at the time of the power up

I was watching heals when the problem was persisting and it was all
clear. This was a great suggestion though.

> I checked my oVirt-based gluster and the only difference is:
> cluster.gra
> nular-entry-heal: enable
> The options seem fine.

> > libglusterfs0-7.2-4723.1520.210122T1700.a.sles15sp2hpe.x86_64
> > glusterfs-7.2-4723.1520.210122T1700.a.sles15sp2hpe.x86_64
> > python3-gluster-7.2-4723.1520.210122T1700.a.sles15sp2hpe.noarch
> This one is quite old although it never caused any troubles with my
> oVirt VMs. Either try with latest v7 or even v8.3 .

I can try a newer version. The issue is we have to do massive testing
with thousands of nodes to validate function and that isn't always
available. So we tend to latch on to a good one and stage an upgrade
when we have a system big enough in the factory. In this case though,
the use case is a single VM. If I could find a way to reproduce the
problem I would be able to know if upgrading helped. These hard to
reproduce problems are painful!! We keep hitting it in places but
triggering has been elusive.

THANK YOU for replying back. I will continue to try to reproduce the
problem. If I get it back to consistent fail, I'll try updating gluster
then and take another closer look at the logs and post them.

Erik