[Gluster-users] Tiered storage feature

Olaf Buitelaar olaf.buitelaar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 20:33:45 UTC 2021

Dear Schlick,

It's indeed dropped, I think it's in favor of more native options. The go
to replacement is lvm-cache (
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/6/html/logical_volume_manager_administration/lvm_cache_volume_creation
).
This places just an amount of SSD storage as a cache layer in-front of your
HDDs, using device mapping.
If you're into ansible, you could use these play's;
https://github.com/gluster/gluster-ansible-infra
it seems to operate pretty stable.

Best

Olaf