[Gluster-users] Replication logic

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 08:41:52 UTC 2021

>I checked and it is on. It is a very sensible default. Actually,
>not even knowing about this option, I had taken it for granted
>that mounting a volume as localhost:/vol would always read from
>the local brick first.

Actually FUSE client is way smarter and has the ability to pick the brick that reponses first (which usually means less loaded), but that behaviour is managed by cluster.choose-local .
In your case the default is suitable.

About the docs... it's in github and if you got some time to update it - all PRs are welcome.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov