[Gluster-users] Replication logic

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 5 04:25:52 UTC 2021

> https://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Administrator-Guide/Managing-Volumes/#triggering-self-heal-on-replicate
>
> says "NUFA should be enabled before creating any data in the
> volume". What happens if one tries to enable it with data in
> the volume? Will it refuse, or will it corrupt the data, or
> will it work OK under certain conditions?

I don't see that option under Gluster v7, but I got a 'cluster.choose-local':
Option: cluster.choose-local
Default Value: true
read-subvolume is not explicitly set.
It's nice to verify that it is enabled for you, as you want to read
from the local brick instead of the high-lattency one.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov