[Gluster-users] Replication logic

Zenon Panoussis oracle at provocation.net
Mon Jan 4 18:18:26 UTC 2021

> As already stated by Strahil, is the latency that is killing
> your setup. Just as I warned you before: Gluster sync replication
> is not suitable for high-latency links.

Yes, but everything in this life is a trade-off and so is this
too. Besides, even if this setup is severely suboptimal, I'm
learning a lot in the meanwhile ;) From what I've seen so far,
populating the volume with my existing mailstore is excruciatingly
slow, but once the store is populated, it would cope quite well
with the low mail traffic and other I/O that I have.

I have another question on this same subject.

https://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Administrator-Guide/Managing-Volumes/#triggering-self-heal-on-replicate

says "NUFA should be enabled before creating any data in the
volume". What happens if one tries to enable it with data in
the volume? Will it refuse, or will it corrupt the data, or
will it work OK under certain conditions?

Cheers,