[Gluster-users] RDMA support in gluster 9

Schlick Rupert Rupert.Schlick at ait.ac.at
Mon Feb 22 07:54:18 UTC 2021

Dear List!

For choosing glusterfs for starting our small GPU cluster (just building it up now), one reason was native support for infiniband connections.

When setting up a volume with transport rdma in gluster 9, it just does not work and rdma.so is shown to be missing in the brick log.

Asking back if this is an issue of the ppa packaging for ubuntu, I learned that rdma support was supposedly dropped in gluster 9. (https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-debian/issues/48)

Were any of you aware of this? I would have expected a dropped feature to show up in the change list of a release and getting a warning on the user interface if I use a deprecated feature.

I'm also surprised since RDMA/Infiniband support is a feature that is "advertised" in many places.

Best
Rupert