[Gluster-users] Use dispersed vol in virtual Environment

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 21:17:00 UTC 2021

Oficially,
The supported dispersed options are:

   - 6 bricks with redundancy level 2 (4 + 2)
   - 10 bricks with redundancy level 2 (8 + 2)
   - 11 bricks with redundancy level 3 (8 + 3)
   - 12 bricks with redundancy level 4 (8 + 4)
   - 20 bricks with redundancy level 4 (16 + 4)
You can put 3 nodes, each with 2 bricks -> one node failure is the maximum you can take.Later you can add another 3 hosts and so on.

Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 23:21, Taste-Of-IT<kontakt at taste-of-it.de> wrote:   Hi all,

i have a 3 node virtual environment and i want to use a dispersed vol as central storage. My questions is, what is the best way to considere later expansion of the storage and how to set it up. I see these options:

1) use 3 gluster server with each one disk, upgrade by adding more server with one disk in same size
2) use 3 gluster server with  each one disk in lvm, upgrade by adding more disk and epand the lvm and maybe the vol too
3) use 3 gluster server with each disks in raid0 or 5 or 6 or 10, upgrade by adding disk on each server and grow the raid and maybe the vol too

Any ideas about that?

:)thx
________

Community Meeting Calendar: