[Gluster-users] Use dispersed vol in virtual Environment

Taste-Of-IT kontakt at taste-of-it.de
Mon Aug 30 20:21:32 UTC 2021

Hi all,

i have a 3 node virtual environment and i want to use a dispersed vol as central storage. My questions is, what is the best way to considere later expansion of the storage and how to set it up. I see these options:

1) use 3 gluster server with each one disk, upgrade by adding more server with one disk in same size
2) use 3 gluster server with  each one disk in lvm, upgrade by adding more disk and epand the lvm and maybe the vol too
3) use 3 gluster server with each disks in raid0 or 5 or 6 or 10, upgrade by adding disk on each server and grow the raid and maybe the vol too

Any ideas about that?

:)thx