[Gluster-users] [EXT] OOM kills gluster process

Stefan Solbrig stefan.solbrig at ur.de
Wed Apr 21 11:04:49 UTC 2021

Hi,

You could also consider disabling overcommitting memory: /etc/sysctl.d/<whatever>:

vm.overcommit_memory = 2
vm.overcommit_ratio = 100

(See https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/vm/overcommit-accounting)

This way, If users allocate too much memory, they get an error upon allocation.
This should limit the cases where the oom killer needs to take action.
however, it has other side effects, like killing user programs that overcommit
by default. (Or user programs that fork() a lot.)

best wishes,
Stefan