[Gluster-users] OOM kills gluster process

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 10:20:17 UTC 2021

You will need ro create a script to identify the pids and then protect them.Then , you can add that script in the gluster's service file as ExecStartPost=myscript
Another approach is to use cgroups and limit everything in the userspace.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 11:52, Diego Zuccato<diego.zuccato at unibo.it> wrote:   Hello all.

I have a somewhat undersized cluster frontend node where users (way too
often) use too much RAM. Too bad that the first process selected for
killing is the one handling the gluster mount!

Is there a way to permanently make it "unkillable"? I already tried
altering oom_adj, but the PID changes at every boot...

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia

Community Meeting Calendar: