[Gluster-users] Description of performance.cache-size

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 30 16:06:05 UTC 2020

At least you can bumb the cluster op-version (in case you don't plan to add older clients)via:
gluster volume set all cluster.op-version 50400

If it happens again, try to remount the client in order to verify that it is not a memory leak.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

В сряда, 30 септември 2020 г., 18:35:07 Гринуич+3, Shreyansh Shah <shreyansh.shah at alpha-grep.com> написа:

cluster op.version is 50000, and cluster.max-op-version is 50400

Our cluster server is 5.10 and client too is running at 5.10.
Unfortunately the instance is not running anymore so we cannot remount and check.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 8:59 PM Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hm... .
> Can you check the cluster op version via:
> gluster volume get all cluster.op-version
> And the max version:
> gluster volume get all cluster.max-op-version
>

> If you restart the client (umount and then mount) , do you have the same memory usage?
> In your case the client is 5.10 , so you can try to update it to 5.11 (if the Gluster Cluster is on 5.11 or higher) and monitor it closely.
>
> Best Regards,
> Strahil Nikolov
>

> В сряда, 30 септември 2020 г., 18:22:33 Гринуич+3, Shreyansh Shah <shreyansh.shah at alpha-grep.com> написа:
>

> Hi Strahil,
> Thanks for taking out time to help me.
>
> This is not a hyperconverged setup. We have 7 nodes with 2 bricks on each node. Total 14 node distributed setup.
> The host on which i saw the increased RAM is a client with glusterfs client version 5.10.
>
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 8:42 PM Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Sadly I can't help much here.
>>
>> Is this a Hyperconverged setup (host is also a client) ?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Strahil Nikolov
>>

>> В вторник, 29 септември 2020 г., 18:29:20 Гринуич+3, Shreyansh Shah <shreyansh.shah at alpha-grep.com> написа:
>>

>> Hi All,
>> Can anyone help me out with this?
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 2:59 PM Shreyansh Shah <shreyansh.shah at alpha-grep.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> We are using distributed gluster version 5.10 (7 nodes with 2 bricks per node, i.e 14 bricks total).
>>>
>>> We have set the performance.cache-size parameter as 8GB on server. We assumed that this config parameter indicates the amount of RAM that will be used on the client machine (i.e. upto 8 GB of RAM to be used for data caching at clients). But we observed that on a machine the RAM usage of glusterfs process was around 17GB.
>>>
>>> So we want to know whether our understanding of the parameter is correct? Or something else that we have missed.
>>>
>>> Below are the options configured at glusterfs server, please advise if we can add/tune some parameters to extract more performance.
>>> storage.health-check-interval: 10
>>> performance.client-io-threads: on
>>> performance.cache-refresh-timeout: 60
>>> performance.cache-size: 8GB
>>> transport.address-family: inet
>>> nfs.disable: on
>>> server.keepalive-time: 60