[Gluster-users] MTU 9000 question

Erik Jacobson erik.jacobson at hpe.com
Wed May 6 14:09:47 UTC 2020

It is inconvenient for us to use MTU 9K for our gluster servers for
various reasons. We typically have bonded 10G interfaces.

We use distribute/replicate and gluster NFS for compute nodes.

My understanding is the negative to using 1500 MTU is just less
efficient use of the network. Are there other concerns? We don't
currently have network saturation problems.

We are trying to make a decision on if we need to do a bunch of extra
work to switch to 9K MTU and if it is worth the benefit.

Does the community have any suggestions?

Erik