[Gluster-users] Convert to Sharding

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 22 06:02:00 UTC 2020

On March 22, 2020 12:58:58 AM GMT+02:00, Gionatan Danti <g.danti at assyoma.it> wrote:
>Il 2020-03-21 21:02 Strahil Nikolov ha scritto:
>> WARNING: DO NOT DISABLE  SHARDING!!!
>> EVER!
>
>Sorry to hijack, but I am genuinely curious: why sharding should not be
>
>disabled? What does happen if/when disabling sharding?
>
>Thanks.

I  tried  it  once  on my test oVirt  cluster and once  you  disable sharding  -  all  workload  stops  and  you cannot  access  your  data properly :)
Even if you reenable it - you still cannot power up any VM ...  That's  why I gave the warning.

For VMs it's easy to switch from sharded to non-sharded volumes via storage migration.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov