[Gluster-users] Upgrade from 4.1

Michael Böhm dudleyperkins at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 06:27:33 UTC 2020

Am Mo., 9. März 2020 um 22:34 Uhr schrieb Marcus Pedersén <
marcus.pedersen at slu.se>:

> Hi all,

Hey Marcus

I just want to double check before I start my upgrade of gluster.
> I am running 4.1 (distributed, replicated) today and I want to upgrade
> to version 7.
> What I understand from the documentation there is no need to upgrade
> to a intermediate version before I upgrade to version 7.
> I can directly upgrade 4.1 -> 7, am I correct?

Yes that's correct, earliest version you could directly upgrade from is
3.12. That's what i had to do and it all went well.

> Second question, is there a problem running an older version of gluster
> on the client side?
> If servers are version 7 and clients have version 5 or 6, is this a
> problem?

Well i wouldn't recommend in the long term. After the upgrade it is advised
to bump the op-version[1] and that could be a problem with the old clients.
But as i don't know the supported feature-sets i leave that question to the
experts here ;-)

> Best regards
> Marcus

Good Luck