[Gluster-users] Upgrade from 4.1

Marcus Pedersén marcus.pedersen at slu.se
Mon Mar 9 11:58:00 UTC 2020

Hi all,
I just want to double check before I start my upgrade of gluster.
I am running 4.1 (distributed, replicated) today and I want to upgrade
to version 7.
What I understand from the documentation there is no need to upgrade
to a intermediate version before I upgrade to version 7.
I can directly upgrade 4.1 -> 7, am I correct?

Second question, is there a problem running an older version of gluster
on the client side?
If servers are version 7 and clients have version 5 or 6, is this a problem?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards
Marcus
---