[Gluster-users] Reliable Geo-Replication

Shwetha Acharya sacharya at redhat.com
Mon Jun 22 09:12:04 UTC 2020

Hi Felix,

Index here is stime or sync time. Once we set sync time to 0, crawl happens
from the beginning, till stime < xtime. (xtime is last modified time of
file or directory on master)
We can achieve it using following steps:

# gluster volume geo-replication master-vol slave-ip::slave-vol stop

# gluster volume geo-replication master-vol slave-ip::slave-vol delete
reset-sync-time

# gluster vol geo-rep master-vol slave-ip::slave-vol create push-pem

# gluster volume geo-replication master-vol slave-ip::slave-vol start

The above procedure is resource intensive and time consuming, and not
recommended for huge data set.

One more alternative would be to triggering sync on indivisual files,
# setfattr -n glusterfs.geo-rep.trigger-sync -v "1" <file-path>

Regards,
Shwetha