[Gluster-users] recommendation: gluster version upgrade and/or OS dist-upgrade

Michael Böhm dudleyperkins at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 13:12:17 UTC 2020

Am Do., 20. Feb. 2020 um 13:48 Uhr schrieb Hu Bert <revirii at googlemail.com>:

> Hi Mika,
>
> i did a test on my 5.x test cluster. I started with the dist-upgrade
> stretch -> buster, which went fine. But "updating" from the glusterfs
> packages stretch -> buster was not possible, i had to deinstall the
> stretch packages and reinstall the buster packages.

 Aah sorry i misread your mail, i thought you upgraded all the way from
gluster 3.x.

So you used the glusterfs-repo the whole time. Well for the dist-upgrade it
is always recommended to disable external repositories. And then i wouldn't
try to go directly from a stretch-"5"-package to buster-"6" - instead:

either: stretch-"5" -> stretch-"6" -> buster-"6"
or: stretch "5" -> buster-"5" -> buster-"6"

I don't think removing and reinstalling the packages should be necessary,
but as long as it worked for you all is good..