[Gluster-users] Replication logic

Zenon Panoussis oracle at provocation.net
Sun Dec 27 20:58:09 UTC 2020

> For such a project, I would simply configure the SMTP server do to
> protocol-specific replication and use a low-TTL DNS name to publish
> the IMAP/Web frontends.

Either you know something about mail servers that I would love
to know myself, or else this idea won't work. That's because
even if you could configure three SMTP servers as relays to
each-other (which you cannot), IMAP actions (move, delete etc)
do not propagate. So, one day you organise your mail nicely
in folders, next day you find all of it back in your inbox.
Or you go looking in your Sent folder for that mail you sent
last week, and it's just not there. That kind of thing would
probably frustrate everyone much more than a bit of latency.