[Gluster-users] Gluster 7 or 8?

WK wkmail at bneit.com
Thu Dec 17 17:13:34 UTC 2020

Greetings:

We have several  replica 2 + Arb clusters using 6.x.

They have worked wonderfully with the only glitch being traced back to a
faulty network card.

We are considering doing a fork lift upgrade for some them as we have
some down time during the North American holidays and some available kit
that is newer/better.

According to the Website, Gluster 7 is the 'maintained version' and G8
is the current.

Any thoughts about being conservative and just going to G7 or should we
go ahead with G8 since we have fairly simple setups?

Also what is the status with Thin Arbiter?

Is it considered Safe?

How much of an improvement of people seen with it?

For Us, Classic Arbiter works great, so we would need a reaon to go with
Thin, but speed would be one of them if we are giving up safety.

-wk