[Gluster-users] upgrade gluster from old version

Sanju Rakonde srakonde at redhat.com
Wed Aug 26 10:04:52 UTC 2020

Hi,

I believe you can do an offline upgrade (I have never tried upgrading from
3.7 to 7.7, so there might be issues).

If you want to do a fresh install, after installing the 7.7 packages, you
can use the same old bricks to create the volumes. but you need to add
force at the end of volume create command.

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 5:27 AM liu zhijing <jordielau at outlook.com> wrote:

> hi everyone!
> I found It is hard to upgrade  from a gluster version from 3.7.6 to 7.7,so
> I remove all the install package and delete all config file except the
> brick, and I resinstall the glusterfs 7.7, then reconfig the same volume
> name but use a temp brick.after everything is ok ,then i stop the volume
> and replace the old brick , change the brick volume id as the new volume id
> , at last  start the volume successfully.
> What I want to know is  if this is the right way to upgrade .
>

> ________
>

> Community Meeting Calendar:
>
> Schedule -
> Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTC
> Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Thanks,
Sanju