[Gluster-users] Monitoring tools for GlusterFS

Sachidananda Urs sacchi at kadalu.io
Sun Aug 23 13:20:15 UTC 2020

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 10:52 PM Artem Russakovskii <archon810 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The output currently has some whitespace issues.
>
> 1. The space shift under Cluster is different than under Volumes, making
> the output look a bit inconsistent.
> 2. Can you please fix the tabulation for when volume names are varying in
> length? This output is shifted and looks messy as a result for me.

Artem, since the volume names vary for longer volumes the column number
increases and users have to scroll to right.
To overcome this, I have decided to print the volume name in a row by
itself.  PR: https://github.com/gluster/gstatus/pull/44 fixes the issue.

The output looks like this:

root at master-node:/home/sac/work/gstatus# gstatus

Cluster:

         Nodes: 3/3                      Volumes: 2/2

Volumes:

snap-1

                Replicate          Started (UP) - 2/2 Bricks Up

                                   Capacity: (12.04% used) 5.00 GiB/40.00
GiB (used/total)

                                   Snapshots: 2

                                   Quota: On

very_very_long_long_name_to_test_the_gstatus_display

                Replicate          Started (UP) - 2/2 Bricks Up

                                   Capacity: (12.04% used) 5.00 GiB/40.00
GiB (used/total)

root at master-node:/home/sac/work/gstatus#

-sac