[Gluster-users] Upgrade from 6.9 to 7.7 stuck (peer is rejected)

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Sat Aug 22 17:53:33 UTC 2020

Hello,

I just started an upgrade of my 3 nodes replica (incl arbiter) of GlusterFS from 6.9 to 7.7 but unfortunately after upgrading the first node, that node gets rejected due to the following error:

[2020-08-22 17:43:00.240990] E [MSGID: 106012] [glusterd-utils.c:3537:glusterd_compare_friend_volume] 0-management: Cksums of quota configuration of volume myvolume differ. local cksum = 3013120651, remote  cksum = 0 on peer myfirstnode.domain.tld

So glusterd process is running but not glusterfsd.

I am exactly in the same issue as described here:

https://www.gitmemory.com/Adam2Marsh

But I do not see any solutions or workaround. So now I am stuck with a degraded GlusterFS cluster.

Could someone please advise me as soon as possible on what I should do? Is there maybe any workarounds?

Thank you very much in advance for your response.

Best regards,
Mabi