[Gluster-users] performance

Computerisms Corporation bob at computerisms.ca
Fri Aug 7 18:27:56 UTC 2020

Hi Artem and others,

Happy to report the system has been relatively stable for the remainder
of the week.  I have one wordpress site that seems to get hung processes
when someone logs in with an incorrect password.  Since it is only one,
and reliably reproduceable, I am not sure if the issue is to do with
Gluster or Wordpress itself, but afaik it was not doing it some months
back before the system was using Gluster so I am guessing some combo of
both.

Regardless, that is the one and only time apache processes stacked up to
over 150, and that still only brought the load average up to just under
25; the system did go a bit sluggish, but remained fairly responsive
throughout until I restarted apache.  Otherwise 15 minute load average
consistently runs between 8 and 11 during peak hours and between 4 and 7
during off hours, and other than the one time I have not seen the
one-minute load average go over 15.  all resources still spike to full
capacity from time to time, but it never remains that way for long like
it did before.

For site responsiveness, first visit to any given site is quite slow,
like 3-5 seconds on straight html pages, 10-15 seconds for some of the
more bloated WP themes, but clicking links within the site after the
first page is loaded is relatively quick, like 1 second on straight html
pages, and ~5-6 seconds on the bloated themes.  Again, not sure if that
is a Gluster related thing or something else.

So, still holding my breath a bit, but seems this solution is working,
at least for me.  I haven't played with any of the other settings yet to
see if I can improve it further, probably will next week.  thinking to
increase the write behind window size further to see what happens, as
well as play with the settings suggested by Strahil.