[Gluster-users] performance

Artem Russakovskii archon810 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 04:42:45 UTC 2020

I tried putting all web files (specifically WordPress php and static files
as well as various cache files) on gluster before, and the results were
miserable on a busy site - our usual ~8-10 load quickly turned into 100+
and killed everything.

I had to go back to running just the user uploads (which are static files
in the Wordpress uploads/ dir) on gluster and using rsync (via lsyncd) for
the frequently executed php / cache.

I'd love to figure this out as well and tune gluster for heavy reads and
moderate writes, but I haven't cracked that recipe yet.