[Gluster-users] not support so called “structured data”

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 04:27:59 UTC 2020

On April 2, 2020 5:24:39 AM GMT+03:00, "sz_cuitao at 163.com" <sz_cuitao at 163.com> wrote:
>Document point out:
>Gluster does not support so called “structured data”, meaning live, SQL
>databases. Of course, using Gluster to backup and restore the database
>would be fine.
>
>What? Not,support!
>I had a test to run Oracle database on KVM/Ovirt/Gluster,it works
>well,in fact.
>
>But why docs says not support ? It measn not suggest or not to use ?
>

>sz_cuitao at 163.com

I don't know why this is written ,  but when I checked this doc:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_gluster_storage/3.1/html/console_installation_guide/add_database_server_to_rhgs-c

it seems pretty legid workload (no matter postgres, mysql, mariadb, oracle,hana,etc)   .

The only thing that comes to my mind is that usually DBs are quite valuable and thus a 'replica 3' volume or a 'replica 3 arbiter 1' volume should be used and a different set of options are needed  (compared  to other workloads).

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov