[Gluster-users] Adding arbiter on a large existing replica 2 set

Strahil hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 18:04:50 UTC 2019

Hi Thorgeir,

Did you try adding an arbiter with SSD brick/bricks ?

SSD/NVMe is the best type of storage for an arbiter - yes , it's more expensive but you will need less disks than a data brick .

Of course , arbiter is only one side of the equasion and the time to heal might depend on your data bricks' IOPS.

How much time does a node in the cluster need to heal after being reboot ?

Best Regards,