[Gluster-users] Geo Replication Hangs

Saravana Kumar saravana20july at gmail.com
Wed May 22 13:15:33 UTC 2019

Hi

We were evaluating Gluster geo Replication between two DataCenters, one is
in US west and other in US east. We took multiple trials for different file
size .

The Geo Replication tend to stop replicating,  While checking the status it
appears to be in Active state, but the slave volume did not increase in
size.

So we have restarted the geo replication session and checked the status .
The status was in active state and the it was in History Crawl for a long
time. We have enabled the DEBUG mode in logging and checked for any error.

There were around 2000 file appeared for syncing candidate. The Rsync
process starts but the rsync did not happen in the slave volume. Every time
the rsync process appears in the "ps auxxx" list but the replication did
not happen in the slave end. What would be the cause for this problem? Is
there anyways to debug it?

We are using the below specs

Gluster version - 4.1.7
Sync mode - rsync
Volume - 1x3 in each end (master and slave)
Intranet Bandwidth - 10 Gig

Saravana Kumar.N
[image: Picture]