[Gluster-users] Does replace-brick migrate data?

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Wed May 29 04:20:51 UTC 2019

On 29/05/19 3:59 AM, Alan Orth wrote:
> Dear Ravishankar,
>
> I'm not sure if Brick4 had pending AFRs because I don't know what that
> means and it's been a few days so I am not sure I would be able to
> find that information.
When you find some time, have a look at a blog <wp.me/peiBB-6b> series I
wrote about AFR- I've tried to explain what one needs to know to debug
replication related issues in it.

> Anyways, after wasting a few days rsyncing the old brick to a new host
> I decided to just try to add the old brick back into the volume
> instead of bringing it up on the new host. I created a new brick
> directory on the old host, moved the old brick's contents into that
> new directory (minus the .glusterfs directory), added the new brick to
> the volume, and then did Vlad's find/stat trick¹ from the brick to the
> FUSE mount point.
>
> The interesting problem I have now is that some files don't appear in
> the FUSE mount's directory listings, but I can actually list them
> directly and even read them. What could cause that?
Not sure, too many variables in the hacks that you did to take a guess.
You can check if the contents of the .glusterfs folder are in order on
the new brick (example hardlink for files and symlinks for directories
are present etc.) .
Regards,
Ravi