[Gluster-users] Cannot see all data in mount

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Wed May 15 12:59:24 UTC 2019

 Most probably you use sharding , which splits the files into smaller chunks so you can fit a 1TB file into gluster nodes with bricks of smaller size.So if you have 2 dispersed servers each having 500Gb brick->  without sharding you won't be able to store files larger than the brick size - no matter you have free space on the other server.
When sharding is enabled - you will see on the brick the first shard as a file and the rest is in a hidden folder called ".shards" (or something like that).
The benefit is also viewable when you need to do some maintenance on a gluster node, as you will need to heal only the shards containing modified by the customers' data.

Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

    В сряда, 15 май 2019 г., 7:31:39 ч. Гринуич-4, Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl> написа:

 Hello,

I am the new sysadmin of an organization what uses Glusterfs.
I did not set it up, and I don't know much about Glusterfs.

What I do not understand is that I do not see all data in the mount.
Not as root, not as a normal user who has privileges.

When I do "ls" in one of the subdirectories I don't see any data, but
this data exists at the server!

In another subdirectory I see everything fine, the rights of the
directories and files inside are the same.

I mount with something like:
/bin/mount -t glusterfs -o acl 10.8.0.1:/data /data
I see data in /data/VOORBEELD/, and I don't see any data in /data/ALGEMEEN/.

I don't see something special in /etc/exports or in /etc/glusterfs on
the server.

Is there maybe a mechanism in Glusterfs what can exclude data from
export?  Or is there a way to debug this problem?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

----
# file: VOORBEELD