[Gluster-users] Create Gluster RPMs on a SLES15 machine

David Spisla spisla80 at gmail.com
Thu May 9 12:52:52 UTC 2019

Hello Kaleb,

i am trying to create my own Gluster v5.5 RPMs for SLES15 and I am using a
SLES15 system to create them. I got the following error message:

rpmbuild --define '_topdir /home/davids/glusterfs/extras/LinuxRPM/rpmbuild'
> --with gnfs -bb rpmbuild/SPECS/glusterfs.spec
> warning: bogus date in %changelog: Tue Apr 17 2019 kkeithle at redhat.com
> warning: bogus date in %changelog: Fri Sep 19 2018 kkeithle at redhat.com
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>     rpcgen is needed by glusterfs-5.5-100.x86_64
> make: *** [Makefile:579: rpms] Error 1

In the corresponding glusterfs.spec file (branch sles15-glusterfs-5 in Repo
glusterfs-suse) there is rpcgen listed as dependency. But unfortunately
there is no rpcgen package provided on SLES15. Or with other words:
I did only find RPMs for other SUSE distributions, but not for SLES15.

Do you know that isssue?
What is the name of the distribution which you are using to create Packages
for SLES15?

Regards
David Spisla