[Gluster-users] Proposal: Changes in Gluster Community meetings

Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan atumball at redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 09:25:27 UTC 2019

All,

We currently have 3 meetings which are public:

1. Maintainer's Meeting

- Runs once in 2 weeks (on Mondays), and current attendance is around 3-5
on an avg, and not much is discussed.
- Without majority attendance, we can't take any decisions too.

2. Community meeting

- Supposed to happen on #gluster-meeting, every 2 weeks, and is the only
meeting which is for 'Community/Users'. Others are for developers as of now.
Sadly attendance is getting closer to 0 in recent times.

3. GCS meeting

- We started it as an effort inside Red Hat gluster team, and opened it up
for community from Jan 2019, but the attendance was always from RHT
members, and haven't seen any traction from wider group.

So, I have a proposal to call out for cancelling all these meeting, and
keeping just 1 weekly 'Community' meeting, where even topics related to
maintainers and GCS and other projects can be discussed.

I have a template of a draft template @
https://hackmd.io/OqZbh7gfQe6uvVUXUVKJ5g

Please feel free to suggest improvements, both in agenda and in timings.
So, we can have more participation from members of community, which allows
more user - developer interactions, and hence quality of project.

Waiting for feedbacks,

Regards,
Amar