[Gluster-users] Help analise statedumps

Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan atumball at redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 05:30:19 UTC 2019

It is really good to hear the good news.

The one thing we did in 5.4 (and which is present in 6.0 too), is
implementing garbage collection logic in fuse module, which keeps a check
on memory usage. Looks like the feature is working as expected.

Regards,
Amar

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 7:24 AM Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 11:09 PM Pedro Costa <pedro at pmc.digital> wrote:
>
> > Sorry to revive old thread, but just to let you know that with the
> latest 5.4 version this has virtually stopped happening.
> >
> > I can’t ascertain for sure yet, but since the update the memory
> footprint of Gluster has been massively reduced.
> >
> > Thanks to everyone, great job.
>
> Good news is always fantastic to hear! Thank you for reviving the
> thread and providing feedback.

Amar Tumballi (amarts)