[Gluster-users] / - is in split-brain

Pablo Schandin schandinp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 20:27:48 UTC 2019

Hello all!

I had a volume with only a local brick running vms and recently added a
second (remote) brick to the volume. After adding the brick, the heal
command reported the following:

root at gluster-gu1:~# gluster volume heal gv1 info
> Brick gluster-gu1:/mnt/gv_gu1/brick
> / - Is in split-brain
> Number of entries: 0

All other files healed correctly. I noticed that in the xfs of the brick I
see a directory named localadmin but when I ls the gluster volume
mountpoint I got an error and a lot of ???

root at gluster-gu1:/var/lib/vmImages_gu1# ll
> ls: cannot access 'localadmin': No data available
> d?????????  ? ?            ?               ?            ? localadmin/

This goes for both servers that have that volume gv1 mounted. Both see that
directory like that. While in the xfs brick /mnt/gv_gu1/brick/localadmin is
an accessible directory.

root at gluster-gu1:/mnt/gv_gu1/brick/localadmin# ll
> total 4
> drwxr-xr-x 2 localadmin root    6 Mar  7 09:40 ./
> drwxr-xr-x 6 root       root 4096 Mar  7 09:40 ../

When I added the second brick to the volume, this localadmin folder was not
replicated there I imagine because of this strange behavior.

Can someone help me with this?
Thanks!