[Gluster-users] Recommended gluster stable version

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Tue Jul 23 11:21:30 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 4:36 AM Gionatan Danti <g.danti at assyoma.it> wrote:

> Hi list,
> I have a question about recommended gluster stable version for using to
> host virtual disk images.
>
>  From my understanding, current RHGS uses the latest 3.x gluster branch.
> This is also the same version provided by default in RHEL/CentOS;
>
> [root at localhost ~]# yum info glusterfs.x86_64
> Name        : glusterfs
> Arch        : x86_64
> Version     : 3.12.2
> Release     : 18.el7
> Size        : 542 k
> Repo        : base/7/x86_64
>
> At the same time, CentOS SIG enables version 4.0, 4.1, 5.x and 6.x.

That's true, but the glusterfs-3.12.x packages are still available on the
CentOS mirrors.

I'm not sure why the centos-release-gluster312 package has been removed
from the mirrors, but you can still get it from
https://cbs.centos.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=6530

It seems odd to me that centos-release-gluster312 would have been removed
when RHEL is still shipping — for a little while longer anyway —
glusterfs-3.12 (client side) packages.

--

Kaleb