[Gluster-users] What is the right way to bring down a Glusterfs server for maintenance?

John Strunk jstrunk at redhat.com
Wed Jul 3 19:56:49 UTC 2019

Nope. Just:
* Ensure all volumes are fully healed so you don't run into split brain
* Go ahead and shutdown the server needing maintenance
** If you just want gluster down on that sever node: stop glusterd and kill
the glusterfs bricks, then do what you need to do
** If you just want to power off: then shutdown -h as usual (don't worry
about stopping gluster)

When you bring the server back up, glusterd and the bricks should start,
and the bricks should heal from the 2 replicas that remained up during
maintenance.

-John