[Gluster-users] To good to be truth speed improvements?

Diego Remolina dijuremo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 13:35:12 UTC 2019

The OP (me) has a two node setup. I am not sure how many nodes in Artem's
configuration (he is running 4.0.2).

It can make sense that the more bricks you have, the higher the performance
hit in certain conditions, given that supposedly one of the issues of
gluster with many small files is that gluster has to stat the files in all
the bricks (I would assume where they reside), so this is what creates the
high latencies which lead to bad performance with many small files.

I am no expert on the internals of how it works, so I am not 100% sure
though.

Diego