[Gluster-users] GlusterFS Scale

Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan atumball at redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 13:28:08 UTC 2019

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 11:23 PM Lindolfo Meira <meira at cesup.ufrgs.br>
wrote:

> We're running some benchmarks on a striped glusterfs volume.

Hi Lindolfo,

We are not supporting Stripe anymore, and planning to remove it from build
too by glusterfs-6.0 (ie, next release). See if you can use 'Shard' for the
usecase.

> We have 6 identical servers acting as bricks. Measured link speed between
> these servers is 3.36GB/s. Link speed between clients of the parallel file
> system and its servers is also 3.36GB/s. So we're expecting this system to
> have a write performance of around 20.16GB/s (6 times 3.36GB/s) minus some
> write overhead.
>
> If we write to the system from a single client, we manage to write at
> around 3.36GB/s. That's okay, because we're limited by the max throughput
> of that client's network adapter. But when we account for that and write
> from 6 or more clients, we can never get past 11GB/s. Is that right? Is
> this really the overhead to be expected? We'd appreciate any inputs.

Lame question: Are we getting more than 11GB/s from disks ?

Please collect `gluster volume profile gfs0 info`, that can give more
information.