[Gluster-users] Replica 3 - how to replace failed node (peer)

Martin Toth snowmailer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 09:42:32 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I am running replica 3 gluster with 3 bricks. One of my servers failed - all disks are showing errors and raid is in fault state.

Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 41d5c283-3a74-4af8-a55d-924447bfa59a
Number of Bricks: 1 x 3 = 3
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: node1.san:/tank/gluster/gv0imagestore/brick1
Brick2: node2.san:/tank/gluster/gv0imagestore/brick1 <— this brick is down
Brick3: node3.san:/tank/gluster/gv0imagestore/brick1

So one of my bricks is totally failed (node2). It went down and all data are lost (failed raid on node2). Now I am running only two bricks on 2 servers out from 3.
This is really critical problem for us, we can lost all data. I want to add new disks to node2, create new raid array on them and try to replace failed brick on this node.

What is the procedure of replacing Brick2 on node2, can someone advice? I can’t find anything relevant in documentation.

Thanks in advance,
Martin