[Gluster-users] [ovirt-users] Re: Hosted-Engine constantly dies

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 5 08:48:13 UTC 2019

 Hi Simone,
a short mail chain in gluster-users Amar confirmed my suspicion that Gluster v5.5 is performing a little bit slower than 3.12.15 .In result the sanlock reservations take too much time.
I have updated my setup and uncached (used lvm caching in writeback mode) my data bricks and used the SSD for the engine volume.Now the engine is running quite well and no more issues were observed.
Can you share any thoughts about oVirt being updated to Gluster v6.x ? I know that there are any hooks between vdsm and gluster and I'm not sure how vdsm will react on the new version.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov