[Gluster-users] Hot Tier exceeding watermark-hi

David Brown dbccemtp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 19:54:09 UTC 2018

4 hours later, no files have been demoted

[root at Glus1 ~]# gluster volume status  FFPrimary detail
Status of volume: FFPrimary
Hot Bricks:
Brick                : Brick Glus3:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick3
TCP Port             : 49155
RDMA Port            : 0
Online               : Y
Pid                  : 24177
File System          : xfs
Device               : /dev/nvme0n1
Mount Options        : rw,seclabel,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota
Inode Size           : 512
Disk Space Free      : 24.3GB
Total Disk Space     : 476.7GB
Inode Count          : 50877088
Free Inodes          : 50874696
Brick                : Brick Glus2:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick2
TCP Port             : 49155
RDMA Port            : 0
Online               : Y
Pid                  : 17994
File System          : xfs
Device               : /dev/nvme0n1
Mount Options        : rw,seclabel,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota
Inode Size           : 512
Disk Space Free      : 15.5GB
Total Disk Space     : 476.7GB
Inode Count          : 32560288
Free Inodes          : 32557896
Brick                : Brick Glus1:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick1
TCP Port             : 49154
RDMA Port            : 0
Online               : Y
Pid                  : 23573
File System          : xfs
Device               : /dev/nvme0n1
Mount Options        : rw,seclabel,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota
Inode Size           : 512
Disk Space Free      : 13.8GB
Total Disk Space     : 476.7GB
Inode Count          : 29027000
Free Inodes          : 29024515
Cold Bricks:
Brick                : Brick Glus1:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick5
TCP Port             : 49152
RDMA Port            : 0
Online               : Y
Pid                  : 23442
File System          : xfs
Device               : /dev/sdb1
Mount Options        : rw,seclabel,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota
Inode Size           : 512
Disk Space Free      : 2.5TB
Total Disk Space     : 2.7TB
Inode Count          : 292971904
Free Inodes          : 292969488
Brick                : Brick Glus2:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick6
TCP Port             : 49153
RDMA Port            : 0
Online               : Y
Pid                  : 17856
File System          : xfs
Device               : /dev/sdb1
Mount Options        : rw,seclabel,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota
Inode Size           : 512
Disk Space Free      : 2.5TB
Total Disk Space     : 2.7TB
Inode Count          : 292971904
Free Inodes          : 292969489
Brick                : Brick Glus3:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick7
TCP Port             : 49153
RDMA Port            : 0
Online               : Y
Pid                  : 24018
File System          : xfs
Device               : /dev/sdb1
Mount Options        : rw,seclabel,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota
Inode Size           : 512
Disk Space Free      : 2.5TB
Total Disk Space     : 2.7TB
Inode Count          : 292971904
Free Inodes          : 292969488
Brick                : Brick Glus1:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick8
TCP Port             : 49153
RDMA Port            : 0
Online               : Y
Pid                  : 23518
File System          : xfs
Device               : /dev/sdc1
Mount Options        : rw,seclabel,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota
Inode Size           : 512
Disk Space Free      : 2.7TB
Total Disk Space     : 2.7TB
Inode Count          : 292971904
Free Inodes          : 292969607
Brick                : Brick Glus2:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick9
TCP Port             : 49154
RDMA Port            : 0
Online               : Y
Pid                  : 17943
File System          : xfs
Device               : /dev/sdc1
Mount Options        : rw,seclabel,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota
Inode Size           : 512
Disk Space Free      : 2.7TB
Total Disk Space     : 2.7TB
Inode Count          : 292971904
Free Inodes          : 292969607
Brick                : Brick Glus3:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick10
TCP Port             : 49154
RDMA Port            : 0
Online               : Y
Pid                  : 24108
File System          : xfs
Device               : /dev/sdc1
Mount Options        : rw,seclabel,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota
Inode Size           : 512
Disk Space Free      : 2.7TB
Total Disk Space     : 2.7TB
Inode Count          : 292971904
Free Inodes          : 292969604

[root at Glus1 ~]# gluster volume info

Volume Name: FFPrimary
Type: Tier
Volume ID: 466ec53c-d1ef-4ebc-8414-d7d070dfe61e
Snapshot Count: 0
Number of Bricks: 9
Transport-type: tcp
Hot Tier :
Hot Tier Type : Replicate
Number of Bricks: 1 x 3 = 3
Brick1: Glus3:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick3
Brick2: Glus2:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick2
Brick3: Glus1:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick1
Cold Tier:
Cold Tier Type : Distributed-Replicate
Number of Bricks: 2 x 3 = 6
Brick4: Glus1:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick5
Brick5: Glus2:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick6
Brick6: Glus3:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick7
Brick7: Glus1:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick8
Brick8: Glus2:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick9
Brick9: Glus3:/data/glusterfs/FFPrimary/brick10
Options Reconfigured:
cluster.tier-promote-frequency: 1800
cluster.tier-demote-frequency: 120
cluster.watermark-low: 60
cluster.watermark-hi: 80
performance.flush-behind: on
performance.cache-max-file-size: 128MB
performance.cache-size: 25GB
diagnostics.count-fop-hits: off
diagnostics.latency-measurement: off
cluster.tier-mode: cache
features.ctr-enabled: on
transport.address-family: inet
nfs.disable: on
performance.client-io-threads: off

[root at Glus1 ~]# gluster volume tier FFPrimary status
Node                 Promoted files       Demoted files        Status
         run time in h:m:s
        ---------
localhost            49                   0                    in progress
        5159:15:50
Glus2 0                    0                    in progress
5159:15:50
Glus3 0                    2075                 in progress
5159:15:52
Tiering Migration Functionality: FFPrimary: success
[root at Glus1 ~]#