[Gluster-users] Kicking a stuck heal

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 11:19:34 UTC 2018

On 09/20/2018 04:34 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 10:19:27AM +0200, Patrick Matthäi wrote:
>>> Unless I'm very much mistaken, once they pick a version for a
>>> distribution (e.g. 3.8 for jessie) then that's what they ship for the
>>> life of that distribution.
>> Correct.
>>
>> But you also can use our stable backports [0]. Currently it contains
>> version 4.0.2-1~bpo9+1.
>>
>> [0]: https://backports.debian.org/
>
> This is cool! I was not aware it existed. Could you (or someone else)
> send a PR on GitHub to have the Debian stable backports added to
> https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/Install-Guide/Community_Packages/ ?
> ("Edit on GitHub" in the upper right corner of the page.)
I wasn't aware of it either.

I agree that Debian needs to better advertise the availability of
backports.debian.org, but the Community_Packages page isn't the right
place IMO.

Perhaps we should have a separate Distribution_Packages page where
things like backports.debian.org can be documented.

--

Kaleb