[Gluster-users] Minutes from Community Meeting, September 12th, 15:00 UTC

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Wed Sep 12 15:48:42 UTC 2018

Attendees: amye, sankarshan, jstrunk, loadtheacc, spisla80, shyam

Agenda:
How are the releases planned coming along? [sankarshan - for someone from
TLC]
See email from 10 September (
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2018-September/055374.html),
but tracking for an early October release for 5. Needs more documentation,
but the release is more focused around stability and code health.

The “GCS” email barely had any discussion on mailing lists - are there
unresolved questions? [sankarshan - for audience]
This is likely a Vijay question, will hold for next meeting on 26 Sept.

Is it possible to have someone from Glusto test framework team share
current topics/roadmap with community [sankarshan - for a Glusto maintainer]
- Loadtheacc (Jonathan Holloway) to provide an update on gluster-devel.

mountpoint.io - going around the table feedback? [sankarshan - for
participants if folks do join]
- amye to start a thread on -users

Other items:
CSI from Jstrunk: Work is going on for a file-based (FUSE) CSI driver,
targeting GD2. As we get a GCS implementation available for initial
preview, there should be more announcements about this.
Next Gluster Summit EU: Nothing planning, but DevConf.cz and FOSDEM are
coming up in Jan/Feb 2019.

Next community meeting is 26 September in #gluster-meeting, 15:00 UTC.

--
Amye Scavarda | amye at redhat.com | Gluster Community Lead