[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.10.5: used disk size reported by quota and du mismatch

Hari Gowtham hgowtham at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 08:51:30 UTC 2018

Hi,

Looking at the logs, I can see that the file:

/orientgate/ftp/climate/3_urban_adaptation_health/6_budapest_veszprem_hungary/RHMSS_CMCC-CM_NMMB_Balkan_8km_1971-2005
/orientgate/ftp/climate/3_urban_adaptation_health/6_budapest_veszprem_hungary/RHMSS_ERA40_NMMB_Balkan_8km_1971-2000
/orientgate/ftp/climate/3_urban_adaptation_health/6_budapest_veszprem_hungary/RHMSS_CMCC-CM_NMMB-RCP8.5_Balkan_8km_2010-2100
/primavera/cam

has mismatch.

You can try setting dirty for this and then do a du on it.

A few corrections for my above comments.
The contri size in the xattr and the aggregated size have to be checked.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 1:16 PM Mauro Tridici <mauro.tridici at cmcc.it> wrote:

> Hi Hari,
>
> thank you very much for your help.
> I will try to use the latest available version of quota_fsck script and I will provide you a feedback as soon as possible.
>
> Thank you again for the detailed explanation.
> Regards,
> Mauro
>
> Il giorno 10 set 2018, alle ore 09:17, Hari Gowtham <hgowtham at redhat.com> ha scritto:
>
> Hi Mauro,
>
> The problem might be at some other place, So setting the xattr and
> doing the lookup might not have fixed the issue.
>
> To resolve this we need to read the log file reported by the fsck
> script. In this log file we need to look for the size reported by the
> xattr (the value "SIZE:" in the log file) and the size reported by the
> stat on the file (the value after "st_size=" ).

The contri size in the xattr and the aggregated size have to be checked

> These two should be the same. If they mismatch, then we have to find
> the top most dir which has the mismatch.

Bottom most dir/file has to be found. Replace top with bottom in the
following places as well.

> On this top most directory you have to do a set dirty xattr and then
> do a lookup.
>
> If there are two different directories without a common top directory,
> then both these have to undergo the above process.
>
> The fsck script should work fine. can you try the "--fix-issue" with
> the latest script instead of the 6th patch used above?

Hari Gowtham.