[Gluster-users] Gluster client

Dave Sherohman dave at sherohman.org
Tue Oct 16 13:19:01 UTC 2018

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 02:45:49PM +0200, Stefan Kania wrote:
> Am 15.10.18 um 21:33 schrieb Alfredo De Luca:
> > But what happened when NODE1 is unavailable?

> The Client will only get a list of all hosts in the cluster in if one
> node is down the client will take another node.

You have to connect to the volume first before you can get that list
from the server.  What happens if, when you make the initial connection,
you try to connect to a node that's down?  I would certainly expect it
to fail, since the client doesn't have that list yet, so it has no idea
what other nodes it might attempt to connect to.

I primarily use gluster for VM disk images, so, in my case, I list all
the gluster nodes in the VM definition and, if the first one isn't
reachable, then it tries the second and so on until it finds one that's
available to connect to.

What's the fstab equivalent?

--
Dave Sherohman